This is an important event in history, especially Canadian and feminist history. So I’m going to tell you more about it.
1) The shooter had been rejected from Ecole Polytechnique prior to the shooting. He blamed this on these female students, claiming that they were feminists who ruined his life.
2) In the first classroom he entered, he demanded the men leave before shooting at the women. No man attempted to stop him as they left. Take that as you will. (Later on, several men did get injured trying to stop him in the hallways.)
3) In his suicide letter, he believed that feminists were attempting to be more powerful than men, and were trying to take men’s rights away.
4) Feminists were actually blamed by some for the massacre. The line of logic was “if feminists didn’t make women’s rights an issue, Levine wouldn’t have wanted to kill feminists!” Victim blaming at its finest.
5) The mainstream news media often did not publicize the outrage from women’s groups, and often preferred those who took a calm approach. Ironic, that.
6) Despite him literally having a hit list of feminist icons in his final letter, several newscasters questioned whether or not the shooting was a sexist act, some even denying the idea outright.
8) Many memorials for the victims have been created, and rightly so; however, some prominent ones were erected in poor neighbourhoods where many Native women were killed every day in the same time period as the shooting (see: Marker of Change, Vancouver) (see: Missing Women, Vancouver). Basically, white feminism happened.
The entire event was nothing short of a tragedy, and I recommend that everyone read up on it and the resulting aftermath. It’s… interesting to see how the media tried to turn it into a random act of psychopathy instead of what it was (we know better now, luckily). The reactions (memorials, etc) to the deaths of these 14 White, middle class women as compared to the deaths of 60+ Native, lower class women are also “interesting” to compare. (By interesting, I mean infuriating.)
this is hugely important
Homeless shelter is transformed into 5-star restaurant, hot food and warm hearts all around. See the full video here.
This made me cry so hard I couldn’t reblog it at first. This is so incredibly awesome. I’m glad to see that some people still understand that just because you are homeless, you’re not less of a person.
A true warrior.
I can’t believe he defeated Mr.Incredible
I love how he fuckin fuckin STOMPS on Fred Flintstone
which avenger is this?
THE INCREDIBLE TALON!!! FEAR HIS MIGHTY CLAWS AND HIS MIGHTY BEAK!!! HIS STRENGTH IS UNMATCHED EVEN THAT OF MR. INCREDIBLE CAN NOT STAND UP TO HIS AWESOME MIGHT!!
That's not assassination it's slaughter. It only becomes assassination when people put their dignity and their past in a balance and removes one. Then loads the importance and the sin to kill someone, but slaughter is different. The one who dies is a human being, but the killer has no such dignity and ceases to be a human